Friday, January 15, 2010

Programming for the Zune HD

Well I got a Zune HD, and after extensively playing with all of the fun features for a few months, I'm thinking about learning C# to program games/applications for my Zune myself. As of right now, I'm able to use XNA Game Studios 3.1 with the Zune extensions to deploy my own code to teh device, but Microsoft hasn't yet opened up the device fully to developers (so no access to WiFi or 3D features) although I can't see that as being a limiting factor since I've only just begun to learn C#. I'm hoping they do open it up at some point though, since I know there are a lot of very capable developers who would love to take advantage of Tegra and distribute their apps officially through some sort of online store.

I'll post updates on any programs I make (along with source code etc) as I chug my way through tutorials and other open source code.

No comments:

Post a Comment